Anari is an open-source vector-based animation engine. It is designed to concurrently create studio-quality vector animation and Flash-style interactivity.
Anari is open source and is maintained and managed by MousePaw Media.
- Anari uses the Ratscript language for all scripting.
- Lightrift is the end-user projector, while Lightrift Studio is the studio animation editor application. (Both share the same repository.)
- Sound playback will be provided through Stormsound.
- SVG importing will eventually be handled by Punchline.
- Tests will be written in Goldilocks.
Anari handles rendering, vector transformations, filters, and animation playback. It is designed to be fast, with a low memory usage and CPU demand, and support for older systems. It needs the following features:
- SVG Import (High)
- Timeline-Driven Animation (High)
- Layers (High)
- Ratscript (High)
- Interactivity (High)
- Sound (Medium)
- SVG Export (Low)